If you’re a caffeine addict like me, especially someone who needs that variety in flavor choice, then you know how much Starbucks can add up on your monthly savings. Thankfully, I did a little research / experimenting and discovered that all it takes is 2 components: starbucks key ingrediant “simple syrup”, & the technique of getting that signature macchiato layered look! Believe me, you don’t need to be a barista to master either and its budget friendly. Here’s how to get your quick caffeine fix:
- 1 cup cold Milk
- Espresso powder
- 1 tsp water
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 drop of vanilla
- Whipped topping
- Simple syrup (1 part sugar, 1 part water)
- Caramel sauce bought from store
- First, you’re going to need that prime simple syrup. All it consists of is 1 part sugar, 1 part water, boiled down in a pot till its a nice syrup consistency. For the specifity of this drink, use 2 teaspoons sugar with 2 teaspoons water. pour this into the glass you will be using to serve your drink. To create the “vanilla pump”, add one drop of vanilla flavouring to your simple syrup.
- Top with 1 cup of ice cubes, and pour 1 cup of cold milk into your glass.
- Now comes the technical part. you’re going to need 2 shots of espresso . To prepare the espresso shot, mix 2 tsp of espresso with 1 tsp of water. The trick is, to SLOWLY pour the espresso shot over the cold milk, this is what will provide the layered effect.
- Finally to top it off, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce.
Sweet tip: you may also add whipped topping if desired, and top the drink with other flavours, like cinnamon powder.
And there you have it! One home made sweet iced caramel macchiato perfect for any summer day, approved by yours truely- S.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Though this is my own recipe inspired by Starbucks off my own deduction, I do not own the original iced caramel macchiato recipe as per the company. All original recipe content is credited to © 2017 Starbucks Corporation.